Sunday, September 18, 2016

Pound cake with cream cheese Vanilla Bean Glaze

Pound cake with cream cheese Vanilla Bean Glaze -

Oh Bundt cake, a beautiful molded pan that makes me think about my Mama used to make cakes in my childhood. I am a Bundt cake pan as a wedding gift, but I have not actually found a use for it so far. Yup- this was my first bundt and I can not tell you how happy I was to return to the pan and the cake see fit enough. This was before she cut in and saw the softer and velvety pound cake I've ever had. This recipe is truly out of this world good.

Butter and cheese with whipped cream together for this beauty and 6 whole eggs and flour and sugar. I was surprised that the recipe did not call for the powder or baking soda, and could not imagine how this cake would be other than flat hard anything. Well, it turns out that 6 eggs and a fluffy creamy really make this cake and poof up a bit while keeping that perfect dense pound cake texture.

This cake is perfect just on its own, but I could not stay there of course I added vanilla bean glaze, (and really is when the pod vanilla never anything bad?) I loved seeing all the vanilla beans and added some extra sweetness to the cake not too sweet. The possibilities of this smooth and sturdy cake are endless. It would be nice with a compote of berries, whipped cream, or even made layered and frosted.

Now I just want another chance to use my beautiful mold Savarin. Have you a? All recipes bundt worthy that you want to go my way?

Print
Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Vanilla Bean Glaze
Ingredients
  • 1½ cup butter (3 bars) - softened
  • 1 (8 ounces) cream cheese package softened
  • 2½ cups white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon lemon or almond extract (optional)
  • 6 Eggs room temperature
  • 3 cups cake flour, sifted *
  • 1 split vanilla pod
  • 3 tablespoons of whole milk (or a blend of low-fat milk and cream)
  • 1- 1½ cups of powdered sugar.
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Use butter to generously grease a bundt cake pan 10 inches.
  2. cream together butter, cream cheese and sugar for about 5 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
  3. Stir in extracts.
  4. crack all the eggs in a bowl and remove the shells if necessary.
  5. with the mixer on low speed, add the flour and eggs alternately, beginning and ending with flour, add one egg at a time and small meal portions. Do not over mix!
  6. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  7. Bake at 325 degrees F for 70-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  8. for the icing :. Pour milk into a measuring cup glass and scrape the vanilla bean in
  9. Let steep for an hour or overnight to really make the milk mixture has a strong vanilla flavor. (If you start the glaze when the cake is in the oven, it will be ready as it is cooling.)
  10. Add powdered sugar and beat with a fork until well mixed and thick consistency.
  11. Pour over cooled cake.
notes
* I really recommend cake flour for the perfect velvety texture. If you do not have much use but subtract any use 6 tablespoons.

Cake Recipe adapted from: All revenues and Southern Living Magazine

Advertiser