Saturday, October 1, 2016

Braided Nutella Cake

Braided Nutella Cake -

Braided Nutella Pastry

Andy asked me if I wanted him to go out for brunch or Mother's Day and I ' chose to leave. I have faith that he could get something delicious together, but I just want my kitchen to stay clean all day, and have someone else worry about everything. You got me? He even kindly offered to do something for my blog, and I am tempted to send this recipe and say what I want !!! No, no, I would never do that to him. ;)

I saw the pastry through a video that has been going around on Facebook. He has not even had her, but just showed the baker assemble this beauty and I knew immediately that I would be going soon. I love the process of elaborate desserts and for how fancy "after" is, although the process of it was pretty simple. (PS- I took some photos step by step to show you how it is fait- they are at the bottom of the post!)

Braided Nutella Pastry

a basic sweet dough (similar to what you do for small cinnamon rolls,) is divided into four, then one by one, roll up each section in a circle, spread with nutella and repeat. Once you have 4 layers of dough you make a few cuts in the dough, give them a twist, pinch the ends and in the oven it goes. I swear it's easier than it sounds!

I have not baked with nutella lot on this blog, not because I do not like it, but it's just not an ingredient I think often when creating something Sugar. I really loved this property and certainly intend to use it more often. This pastry is to die. It allows you to draw your own twisty turny bite, making it perfect for a group brunch or buffet. As you can imagine, the parts inside is deliciously gooey ooey with the layer on the soft and creamy paste layer Nutella. I made a little mess with everything Process- get my fingers Nutella everything about everything, but you can bet it will not prevent us from thinking it was just fabulous.

Braided Nutella Pastry

Print
braided nutella pastry
Ingredients
  • 3½ cups flour and more for watering
  • ¾ cup whole milk
  • 2 egg yolks ((security white egg for brushing)
  • 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • ⅓ cup sugar
  • pinch salt
  • about 1 cup nutella
Instructions
  1. in a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until just simmering (do not want to burn.)
  2. in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a spatula. Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt. Stir until combined.
  3. Add the egg yolks and milk / butter mixture. And mix until a paste. Switch to the dough hook and knead for 5-7 minutes or until a soft, smooth dough is formed that springs back when pressed lightly.
  4. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean towel. Let it proof in a warm place for about 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
  5. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Cover those you do not use, and work with both.
  6. Shape the dough into a circle and roll to a 10-inch circle. Spread a layer of chocolate spread on the dough, avoiding the outer edge.
  7. Repeat 2 more times with the remaining / nutella pastry, roll each section, placing it on top, and the spread of Nutella on. Top with the last lap of the dough.
  8. Use a plate to create a perfect circle, slightly drawing with a sharp knife and cut the dough away.
  9. Divide the dough into 16 sections, leaving a 3-inch circle in the middle. Use a sharp knife to cut the sections.
  10. Twist each section and then press the edges together both. (See photos below to make it clearer.)
  11. Brush dough with egg whites. Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden. Serve hot or the room.
Notes
Recipe adapted Handmania (and the video I saw on Facebook!)

Braided Nutella Pastry Braided Nutella Pastry Braided Nutella Pastry

Advertiser