Saturday, October 1, 2016

Oatmeal Creme Pies

Oatmeal Creme Pies -

OatmealCreamPies3

I woke up the other day fancy a bit of Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie. This is a bit odd because it's not like I had much these grow. In fact, I probably had about 10 of them never in my life, but earlier this week, I just had to have one. I wanted that bite of creamy soft biscuit, gooey filling. Once I had my mind set on doing them I started experimenting with recipes until I got it right.

There are many recipes for these classics on the blog-o-sphere, but this one was by far my favorite. I wanted something not Easy ingredients or foolish steps, but also perfect sage flavor. They were super soft with slightly crispy edges. Filling the marshmallow was simple but spot-on, which makes the biscuits even softer and softer as they were sitting.

OatmealCremePie2

If I had had a little more time, I probably would have done my marshmallow fluff from scratch, but the store bought stuff works in a pinch. (Annie has a great recipe for a version from scratch if you wish.) In fact, I tried to do this 3 times a day and this was the version I prefer. Unfortunately the time I actually finished this and was happy with them, Hugo was his nap and all in my grill. He could not keep his paws off these chubby. In seconds, he was officially his first bite of something I cooked (not counting his birthday cake sweet fruit) and now it's all over. I had to eat the rest of my biscuit to eat hiding before him now would just be cruel not you think?

OatmealCremePies1

Print
Oatmeal Creme Pies
Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
  • ¾ cup dark brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 tablespoon tablespoons molasses
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla coffee
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ cups flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1? 8 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1½ cups rolled oats *
For the filling:
  • 2 cups Marshmallow Fluff
  • 1 stick of butter
  • 1-2 cups powdered sugar
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the butter, sugar and molasses.
  2. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
  3. Sprinkle the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cocoa on the dough and mix on low until just combined. Add the oatmeal and use a spatula to fold until combined.
  4. Drop tablespoon size dough rounds on a baking cookies or parchment lined sil-pat 3 inches (they will spread!)
  5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until 'that edges are golden. (Do not overcook, cookies seem in fact in the middle.)
  6. Repeat with remaining dough and cookies cool on a rack
For filling :.
  1. cream together the butter and marshmallow fluff until smooth and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.
  2. fill pipe spread in cookies and store in an airtight container.
[1945029!]
notes
* If you do not have oatmeal, palpitation some regular in your food processor will work as

adapted recipe from: Food.Com

Advertiser