Thursday, October 13, 2016

Cinnamon apple cake frosting sheet with cream cheese

Cinnamon apple cake frosting sheet with cream cheese -

sheetcake3

I do not care whether the 80s and wet exit I'm ready to fall. I dream of almost every day! I ask you the football season, and the crisp leaves and pumpkin patches and apple cider. I could not be happier for boots and sweaters and lively feeling in the air. I'm sure you were! Sorry !!

Andy love summer and I feel bad that wish to fall because, before we know the dreary winter will be upon us and I will be at the other end of this cycle. To be honest means winter holidays if-then New Year and then BABY so I'm pretty excited for it all. I'm not excited for is that sweaty, sticky, wet feeling I get every time I walk outside ... so there's that!

sheetcake2

to anticipate the season I love so much, I decided to bring out the apples. I could not wait! (I'll wait a few weeks on the pumpkin, but I can not promise that.) I wanted to make a simple cake, which was easy hassle free and easy to carry. I had a vision of juicy apple cinnamon pieces, moist cake and tender, with a creamy frosting on top. This recipe is easy to throw together even easier to gel with the whole thing of the sheet, and oh so good. I did it for my book club and each of the ladies had seconds. (Including me !!)

sheetcake

Print
Pomme Cannelle cake sheet with cheese frosting cream
Ingredients
  • 2-3 tart apples (such as Granny Smith) peeled and chopped (about 3 cups)
  • 1 tablespoon of butter
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour (12.75 ounces)
  • 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, divided
  • 1 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1⅓ cups vegetable oil (I used coconut oil, but any kind will do.)
  • ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon of white sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract pure
for Frosting cream cheese:
  • 8 oz cheese, softened cream
  • 1 unsalted butter stick softened
  • 3-4 cups sugar powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat over to 350F. Prep a watch sheet pan * spray with a cooking spray and powder with flour. Put aside.
  2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and add the potatoes, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of white sugar. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the potatoes are well coated and slightly sweet.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, remaining cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Put aside.
  4. In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer, beat together the oil, sugar and eggs. Beat for 3 minutes or until mixture is frothy and light. Stir in the vanilla extract.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients mixing on low speed until just combined. Fold in apples.
  6. Transfer batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cake is golden and a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
  7. Cool completely before frosting.
For frosting
  1. cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until creamy. Add the vanilla extract.
  2. Frost cake right in the mold and refrigerate until serving. (Bring cake to room temperature again before serving.)
Notes
* If you do not have to a quarter sheet pan you can use a baking dish 9x13 normal lasagna deviation

recipe cake adapted from Martha Stewart

Advertiser