Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cinnamon Pear Crumble

Cinnamon Pear Crumble -

pear2

Dear pears

I am really and really sorry, but when he falls, I neglect you make up in general. Not that I do not love you, I mean you're actually one of my favorite fruits of all time, but you just get a little overshadowed by your sister's apple the ever so popular pumpkin. I hope you can forgive me if I promise to include you in at least some delicious recipes this fall from that crumble

Love Audra

phew Ok, I had to get an apology from my system. I feel so guilty about it and really wanted to start this post with a clean slate. (So ​​yes pregnancy made me a bit nuts).

I do not like pears, then why do I always forget about them? Luckily, I took a large bag of Trader Joes, and dreamed of something to do with them all week. The inspiration for this deliciousness came from none other than Shake Shack, and most of my favorite hamburger and cream seal New York. One of their flavors in October is "Cinnamon Pear Cobbler" and it is damn good, I just had to do something similar. (Although I never know what makes something a crisp, cobbler or crumble- anyone know? It seemed more like cobbler crumble like me.)

pear

Because I always look for reasons to eat dessert for breakfast, I aim to do something not too sweet that could be enjoyed with a Greek yogurt ball instead of ice cream. (Ice Cream Though would obviously be amazing too.) I had it for breakfast yesterday and then also for a late night snack. Andy seemed to have the same ideas as me considering all pan was polished off in less than 24 hours. I mean we have thrown juicy pears with ginger and cinnamon and more crisp, the ever-crumb topping how can you go wrong?

(I made this very soft * no * I can rationalize eating all day, but I indicate in the notes the recipe how you can adjust it to your liking.) Have a great weekend! !!

Print
Cinnamon Pear Crumble
Ingredients
  • * 5 pears, peeled and cut into pieces
  • 1 teaspoon ground ginger
  • [cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • ½ teaspoon **
for the filling:
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • ½ oats cup
  • ⅓ brown sugar cup (I used dark either is fine.)
  • ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
  • cinnamon ½ teaspoon
  • 1 stick melted butter
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Toss pears with ginger, cinnamon and sugar and place in a greased 8x8 (or something relatively similar in size.)
  3. To make the filling, mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup and butter. Mixture will become wet and mushy.
  4. Use your hands to break and sprinkle evenly over pears.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the topping is crisp and golden. Serve warm with ice cream or Greek yogurt
Notes
Ripe pears not so juicy operate fully for this. If your pears are juicy on the side, however, mix with a tablespoon of flour with other ingredients before putting them in the pan.

* I did not on the very sweet side, so I could eat for breakfast! Add up to ⅔ cup sugar if you want it to be more like dessert

Recipe loosely adapted from :. The Pioneer Woman

Advertiser