Friday, November 25, 2016

Homemade Egg McMuffins

Homemade Egg McMuffins -
IMG_55091

Remember the goal that I was at the beginning of the year to take over the breakfast? Well, I did do quite well! I do my best to make smoothies and muffins and other things I do not mind eating first thing in the morning. This recipe, however, took my little easy breakfast the next level! I love egg sandwiches, (those of yes, even McDonald shit) but I'm always too lazy to do something so involved when I'm tired and in need of caffeine. Fortunately, they require little or no effort at all, so this little lady eats breakfast! Miracles do happen.

Recently+Updated34

Prepping these takes a few minutes, but once you have them all together, they can easily be frozen and reheated when ready to eat. The result is a crispy, melty, perfectly portioned breakfast. You can use any kind of cheese you like and add things like bacon / sausage, but I want me to American cheese. (I found American organic Cheese- who knew?) Once the eggs are cooked and the sandwiches are assembled, wrapped in foil and freeze until you are ready to eat them. 30 minutes in the oven and a cup of coffee later, and you're ready to go. I am now a person of breakfast !!

Print
Homemade Egg McMuffins
Ingredients
  • 6 large eggs
  • 6 slices of cheese (any kind is fine.)
  • 6 English muffins cut in half
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • bacon or sausage (if you want)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. 6 crack eggs into a muffin tin (regular or jumbo size.) Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (I baked mine for 15 because I do not like eggs too well. 20 minutes will be cooked through.)
  2. When the eggs are cooked, assemble egg sandwiches. To eat immediately, a pop in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
  3. Otherwise, wrap tightly in foil and freeze. When ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 and bake for 30 minutes. (I know it would be much easier for the microwave, but they will be softened and not so great. I highly recommend the oven!)

Source: Adapted from Macheesmo

Advertiser