Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Tutorial Swirl Icing * Video *

Tutorial Swirl Icing * Video * -
IMG_081

As promised last week, here's a video tutorial how to do the "baker-style" swirl frosting. This is my first "how to" video so please feel free to give me some feedback if it is not too easy to understand. I know that editing is rough I'll work on that! So please excuse my cluttery kitchen- it's just darn Teeny! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwLAjLn3dn4

To examine:
1- Using an icing spatula shovel a dollop of frosting
2-Spread on the edge of the bowl to remove air bubbles and smooth.
3-spread frosting and pick up a few times on the edge of the bowl until the spoon is round and smooth.
4-Plot in the middle of the cake and turn the cupcake frosting while tapping down with a spatula. (Correct the bits that are not perfect.)
5- To the "whirlwind" tour cake away from you and place it parallel to cupcake spatula. While turning the cake in a direction rotate the spatula in the other. Easy peasy

Note: A smaller trowel will work but just make a smaller vortex! I'll try that too :)

I hope to have many more videos for you guys in the future :)

Advertiser