Sunday, December 11, 2016

Banana Cake Roll Caramel topping cream cheese

Banana Cake Roll Caramel topping cream cheese -

bananaroll2

Happy Friday! First name you see the new little flag in the upper right corner? If you want to see baby / pregnancy / mom updates- thats where they will! (Not on the home page) check if you are interested in this kind of thing!

I hope anyway that you have some exciting weekend plans. At the present moment- I am delighted to be writing this post I look at the final draft of my line track favorite television the night of Thursday, Parenthood, Scandal. (Do any of you watch these shows?) Anyway, after months away from the "Great White Way" I'll see two Broadway shows this weekend I could not be more excited for. Also- I plan to attack at least one thing in my cooking to do list this weekend, we hope to have something great to share next week!

bananaroll

speaking of sharing- I'm so excited about this cake roll. You've heard of pumpkin rolls, I suppose? This is essentially the same idea, but made with a banana cake. I did not know how it would work, as I Subbed banana for pumpkin in the classic recipe and changed some spice, but let me tell you it was oh so good. My working skills may need some work, but I really liked the super-thick layer of cheese cream filling was perfectly proportioned cake. I could not help but add a good amount of filling caramel sauce and that oh so delicious. Is not everything better with caramel (At least I think so.)

A note on PANS rollers this cake calls for a "10 × 15 Jelly Roll Pan " I had a quarter and a pan of half of the sheet, but none of these dimensions were right (one was 13 x 18 and was essentially a 9 × 13) I made the choice to use the smallest one worried that the cake would be too thin / sec if I cooked in the pan half of the sheet. In result- it was a thicker cake not been as swirls- but let me tell you the texture was perfect. You can choose to use pan on the basis of this information! :)

PS Am I the only one who sees completely the Green Bay "G" 'Packers in the form of my rope? Haha? Go Pack Go! ;)

Banana Cake Roll
Ingredients
  • ¼ cup powdered sugar (to sprinkle on towel)
  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon of baking soda
  • ½ cinnamon teaspoon
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 extract c vanilla
  • 1 granulated sugar cup
  • ⅔ banana puree cup (2 medium bananas)
for filling:
  • 1 8 oz pacakge of cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 6 tablespoons softened butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup caramel sauce *
  • powdered sugar for sprinkling
Instructions
for the cake:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 ° F. grease 15 x 10-inch jellyroll pan *; line with waxed paper. Grease and flour the paper. (Cooking spray works well for this)
  2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl.
  3. Beat eggs and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until thick and smooth (about 2-3 minutes.) Mix the vanilla and banana. Gradually add flour mixture- careful not to over mix. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
  4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes (more or less depending on the size of the pan) or until top springs back to the touch cake.
  5. While the cake is preparing to lift a clean cloth covered generously with powdered sugar. Immediately after taking the cake from the oven, loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel carefully. Carefully peel off the wax paper. distant right roll cake and towel together and let cool. (This sets the "rolled" form from the get go- which makes it much easier when you actually complete the
For the filling :.
  1. Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add the caramel sauce (if using) and continue beating until creamy. Add the powdered sugar button if the filling needs to be a bit steeper.
  2. pull down carefully the cake. Spread filling evenly in the cream cheese over the entire surface. reroll the cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour (or better yet, the freeze for a bit slice it much more easily.)
  3. Serve cold sprinkled with powdered sugar (if desired)
  4. COOKING TIP :.
  5. sure to put enough powdered sugar on the napkin by rolling the cake so it does not stick.
notes
* I would like to add caramel sauce frosting to add another flavor note. If you do not have on hand, you can ignore it without problem.

* See note above post the pan size. I used a quarter-sheet pan for this and it has worked very well

* Recipe adapted :. Libby

Advertiser