Saturday, December 10, 2016

Salted Butter Cookies malty Brown

Salted Butter Cookies malty Brown -

maltedcookies2

That's a mouthful I know. Thing is, I could not think of another shortest way to describe the delicious-ness who these cookies, so I've included everything. These are perhaps the most delicious cookies in a unique way that I made / eaten in some time and unfortunately I could not keep them to myself! Instead of worrying about who I could pawn off these, I send 3 dozen off for some nice food bloggers as part of the third annual "Food Blogger Cookie Swap!" I like to spread the joy of Christmas across the country and I hope that the beneficiaries of these cookies loved as much as I did!

maltedcookies3

The combo of flavors in this cookie is out of this world. Malted milk powder adds an amazing depth of flavor and a bit of saltiness that is amplified my generous sprinkling of sea salt on top. Toasty brown butter adds a bit of warmth and nuttiness that make such a gem of a one-of-a-kind cookie. I'm actually happy that I had to send so far away because I could not be trusted alone with them. :) I can not wait to add to my holiday cookie spread!

Print
malted Salted Brown Butter Cookies
Ingredients
  • 2¼ cups all purpose
  • ½ malted milk powder cup *
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup unsalted butter, golden and slightly cooled
  • 1 cup brown sugar (dark or light work)
  • ¼ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk powder, cornstarch, baking soda and sea salt. Put aside.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter with the sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add the dry ingredients and stir until completely combined.
  4. The dough will seem a bit dry and crumbly, but use a cookie scoop or tablespoon servings, 1 inch size bits, roll into balls with your hands if necessary. I think the package of dough in my biscuit spoon and roll a little worked perfectly.
  5. Dip the top of each ball of dough into a little flaky sea salt and place on the prepared baking sheet, 2 inches.
  6. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until edges are set and begins to crack.
  7. Let cool on rack and enjoy!
notes
* you old regular malted milk powder want for them, but if you can not find in your store you can use Ovaltine gross (no chocolate), but cut the white sugar is added sugar and can be too sweet otherwise.

Recipe adapted from two peas Pod and

Advertiser