Saturday, December 24, 2016

Maple Berry Muffins

Maple Berry Muffins -

MG_4001

This position is in line with my efforts to eat smaller. Now, the truth is that I much prefer bacon and eggs for something sweet if I had to be eating breakfast at all. (Remember that I told you about here?) That said, I obviously can not resist a good muffin. Especially one with a crumb trim and many bays juicy inside. Add maple syrup and you almost berry muffin-pancake goodness. I ate two for breakfast yesterday and another couple the day before, so I'd say I'm better on my resolution!

I came up with this idea when obtaining pure maple syrup samples and wanting to do something for breakfast there with them. My first thought was to use the samples on fruit pancakes, but I thought if I made them in muffins they had last all week and I would actually have breakfast. I also thought they would be a real pleasure to bring to the hospital for my friend Hiba who just had a baby girl !! (Remember the shower?) These muffins are soft and crumbly with a delicious crunchy topping. They are simple to whip and make the house smell amazing. having already scarfed about 6 for them, I think I may have to cut the recipe in half the next Time- they are just too addictive!

Recently+Updated281

Print
Maple Berry Muffins
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose
  • ½ cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup milk
  • ½ cup melted butter
  • maple syrup ½ cup
  • ¼ cup sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • ½ extract teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries or raspberries
  • Topping:
  • 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons of sugar (. I used raw)
  • ½ cinnamon teaspoon
  • butter 2 tablespoons cold soup
Instructions
  1. in a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in berries as gently as possible. (I always manage to break the windows and they turn out even do your best!)
  2. Fill greased muffin tins or paper lined two-thirds. (I reach my fill above, but will most ⅔ full dome tops.) For the filling, mix the flour, sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. (I always use my hands to this Part, the only thing that works for me.) Sprinkle over batter.
  3. Bake at 400 ° C for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans and grids. Serve hot. yield :. 16 muffins
adapted recipe from: Taste of Home

Advertiser