Friday, December 23, 2016

Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop-tarts

Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop-tarts -

IMG_6334 As I mentioned before, my mother did not let us have junk food in the house. And I mean ever. I think once we were allowed Cinnamon Toast Crunch to have dessert, but that's about all. Looking back, I am so thankful for his diligence, but at the time I was pretty disappointed about it. I remember diving for junk food whenever I'm home from a friend at the point of probably looking malnourished. Pop-tarts were one of my most exciting discoveries. We had the version of the health food store before, but they could not quite compare. Luckily for me, once I hit 17, I became a bit of a health nut myself and never really lacked.

IMG_62801

All these years later, I still have not forgotten how good these Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop-tarts were. Right out of the toaster, they were pretty much heaven. Kinda like a cinnamon roll bag with the brown sugar all warm and gooey inside and crust while butter and crisp. So when I decided I wanted to try to make homemade pop tarts again last week, I knew this was the one.

These pop-tarts are widely adaptable, easy, and so satisfying. I chose to go without a glaze from inside were sweet enough, but of course, a glaze will make the most delicious. I used my favorite butter pie crust puffs and browns always so beautifully. I can not wait to try them with other fruit fillings, chocolate and many other things!

IMG_63091

Print
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Pop-tarts
Ingredients
  • 1 pie crust recipe
  • ½ cup (3¾ oz) brown sugar
  • 1 to 1½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon to taste
  • 4 tablespoons flour coffee purpose
  • 1 large egg, brush the pastry before filling
Instructions
  1. If the dough has cooled, remove it from the refrigerator and let it soften and become viable, about 15 to 30 minutes. Place a piece on a lightly floured surface, and roll
  2. into a rectangle about ⅛? thick, large enough that you can cut one 9? x 12? Repeat with the second piece of dough. Set aside toppings. Cut each piece of dough into thirds - you train March 9? 4 x? rectangles.
  3. Beat the additional egg and brush over the entire surface of the first paste. This will be the "inside" of the pie; the egg is to help glue the lid. Place a tablespoon of filling crowding into the center of each rectangle, keeping half an inch of bare perimeter around it. Place a second rectangle of dough on top of the first, using your fingers to press firmly around the filling bag, seal the dough on all sides. Press the tines of a fork around the edge of the rectangle. Repeat with remaining tarts.
  4. Carefully place the tart on a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly greased. Prick the top of each cake several times with a fork; you want to ensure that steam can escape, or pies become billowy pillows instead of toaster pastry dish. Brush the top with additional egg wash. Refrigerate pies (they must not be covered) for 30 minutes while you preheat your oven to 350 ° F
  5. Remove tarts from the refrigerator and bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are golden brown. pan cool on rack.
Pastry Recipe Martha Stewart

Filling / Assembly Smitten Kitchen

Advertiser