Thursday, December 22, 2016

Milk Bar {Monday} Compost Cookies

Milk Bar {Monday} Compost Cookies -

IMG_68761

This is my favorite day of Milk Bar Monday! Today, the girls and I have a pretty incredible treat to share. In Fact this cookie may be why I wanted the Milk Bar Cookbook to start The name says it all: Compost Cookie, an outlet to "dump" all random ingredients you have sitting in your pantry. Many people call these cookies "Cookies Dumpster" or "Cookies kitchen sink" but I think the Compost costume so perfectly. (FACT In the picture below via Instagram I snapped a bunch of ingredients tossed a bit like a compost heap tips do not you think?)

Christina Tosi mentions in the book that this recipe allows you to take many liberties and throw in everything you have, but for the purposes of this challenge that I decided to stay with what they use at Milk Bar ( chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, oatmeal, coffee grounds, graham cracker crumbs, potato chips and pretzels.) looking for other mix-in ideas? I think M & Ms, nuts, caramel, peanut butter chips and cereals could all be amazing. I'm excited to try my own version of these cookies someday soon!

IMG_68581

Also- I had the chance to try an authentic witness compost last week when I went to a location milk bar, and wanted to see if they had the same taste. The verdict- the strongest flavors both times were the butterscotch and coffee. However, my cookies were much more crisp on the edges than the one I had last week. This could be my hot-as-can-BE-oven who knows. Both were delicious!

The beautiful Krissy chose the recipe for this week, so head to his site to get the recipe. Please also say hello to my other Bar of milk Monday cohorts:

Averie Averie Cooks of
Cassie Bake Your Day
Big Fat Erin Baker
Jacqueline of The Dusty Baker
Nicole Sweet peony Blog

PS A (minor) emergency forced me to leave NYC / my kitchen for a few days or more. I do not know if I will have more revenue for you this week, but I'll try to keep you posted with a "Instagram Update" anyway. (Do not worry everything will be OK.)

Advertiser