Monday, December 5, 2016

Greek yogurt Potato Salad

Greek yogurt Potato Salad -

Potato Salad

I can possibly send you on your shenanigans July 4 without more amazing potluck / barbecue / bbq / picnic dish. It is tasty, it is simple, if you can believe it is even made more healthy! Sometimes- I want out of my box desserts and sweets and that is what I am doing today.

For me, no grilling summer party is quite complete without potato salad. The varieties are endless and I love just about all. The only thing I'm not so crazy, though, is the warm weather + lots mayo thing that feels like too much. Have you tried subbing Greek yogurt for mayo in salads based vinaigrette-? It's pretty genius and in my opinion, tastes just as good if not better!

Potato Salad 2

Because I'm complicated, I add a spoonful of mayonnaise that, but it is 85% Greek yogurt and tastes unbelievable. My most favorite is not only a healthy serving of chopped dill pickles, but a bit of pickle juice as well. This gives the perfect touch of vinegar-y and just a little acidity. Think about what your classic salad potatoes lightened just a bit which makes it even better than you remember.

There you have it folks- have a wonderful holiday! I'll be back next week with plenty to share!

Print
Greek yogurt Potato Salad
Ingredients
  • 2 lb potatoes *
  • ½ cup chopped pickle
  • 4 stalks celery, chopped
  • ½ small onion, minced or grated * *
  • 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • 2 tablespoons pickle juice
  • 1 cup of yogurt Greek
  • dollop of mayo (you can use more mayo / less yogurt if desired)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • paprika for garnish (optional
Instructions
  1. boil the potatoes until soft (fork should move easily) and rinse with cold water. If you use red or fingerling potatoes, cut into pieces and place in large bowl bites. (If using large regular potatoes, you'll want to peel and cut in advance.)
  2. In the bowl mix the pickles, celery, onion and egg. Add pickle juice, yogurt and mayonnaise. Fold everything together and season with salt and pepper.
  3. Refrigerate before serving.
Notes
I used the fingerling potatoes bites for that. Any kind is fine, you just want to prep them differently depending on the size of the potato.

* We are not big fans of the onion texture believed in this house, so I did grated onion into this and it was perfect. I used my fine Microplane grater, but any kind will do!

Advertiser