Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bars Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble

Bars Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble -

strawberryrhubarb

One by one, I'll go through all my old ugly image messages and reorganize them! You see some of these oldies are really really delicious but too bad photographed for an opinion at this stage in the game. I made those bars Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble when my blog was a baby, but they were incredibly safe. I'm dying to re-do for a while and the last weekend with my in-laws was the perfect opportunity.

When I made these it was my first experience with rhubarb and since I'm in love. I just love the tartness is combined with sweet strawberries. The butter crumb crust is the perfect home for a bittersweet filling layer, making a dessert easy and delicious.

strawberryrhubarb2

We enjoyed them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but they are really very well on their own good. Rhubarb desserts always mark the beginning of spring for me, and man am I glad it's finally here! These bars are perfect for warm weather cook-outs and picnics, as they are easy to carry and very at room temperature. (Now I jsut need to be invited to a cook out or picnic so I can make them!)

strawberryrhubarb3

Print
Strawberry rhubarb Crumble Bars
Ingredients
  • 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 2 cups sliced ​​fresh strawberries
  • 1 juice tablespoon lemon
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Crust
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1½ uncooked cup quick oats *
  • 1 cup brown sugar packed
  • ¾ cup butter softened
  • ½ teaspoon of baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
Instructions
  1. Combine the rhubarb, strawberries and lemon juice in 2-quart saucepan. COVER- cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit is tender (8-12 minutes).
  2. Mix ½ cup sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl, stir into fruit mixture. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil (about 1 minute). Continue boiling until thick, remove from heat and set aside.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Combine all crust ingredients in a large bowl. Mix by hand or with a mixer on low speed, scraping bowl often, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  4. Book 1 ½ cups of the crumb mixture. Press the remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of a 13x9-inch greased pan. Divide filling into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
  5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares and serve.
Notes
* If you do not have oatmeal, you can pulse a few old fashioned oats in a food processor for a little break :)

adapted recipe from: Land O'Lakes

Advertiser