Sunday, January 22, 2017

Clean green smoothie

Clean green smoothie -

MG_48141

Okay ... .. pick up your jaw from the ground. Yes- I post something that is not only healthy, but actually a vegetable in it. (I may have a major identity crisis.) At least, so it's Sweet-which still account. I mean it really tastes so sweet and delicious that you will not know honestly vegetables are there. (I promise.)

One of my New Year's goals is to eat breakfast more regularly, but I really never want to eat in the morning. To solve this problem, I bought a ton of frozen fruit and experimented with different smoothie recipes. It is amazing how many fruits can you cram into a glass of smoothies! This way, I win in both manners? And smoothies are so good. They feel I'll have a milkshake.

In terms of "why is he not taste the spinach" issue- I really believe pineapple use makes a huge difference. It is so sweet and acidic it becomes really the star. Add the banana, it also gives the creamy texture and softness. Of course you can experiment with a variety of fruits, but this is my favorite combo ... and this is my favorite color. :)

Print
Clean Green Smoothie
Ingredients
  • 1 frozen banana (if using fresh banana Just add some ice)
  • 1 cup of fresh pineapple
  • ½ cup peach jelly (or mango would work)
  • 1 cup fresh spinach, rinsed and dried.
  • ¼-1/2 cup almond milk (or regular, soy, etc.)
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender / food and puree until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add more almond milk.

Advertiser